Bridgewater Hill Observatory, Ltd.
Our goals are to conduct scientific research in the field of astronomy both for the purpose of the pursuit of knowledge as well as to provide an educational resource for all school levels from primary thru university. We wish to enable students to experience the science of astronomy first-hand.
We intend to carry out the following research:
- CCD imaging of celestial objects, such as:
- Photometry of variable stars.
- Extragalactic supernova searches.
- Detection of extra-solar planets.
- Minor planet astrometry and orbit determination.
- Near-Earth Object (NEO) astrometry and orbit determination.
- Occultation timing.
We intend to provide the following educational resources to schools:
- Provide internet access to a robotic telescope with photographic (CCD) capabilities.
- Donate educational materials, such as:
- Magazine subscriptions (Sky & Telescope, etc.)
- Books, Almanacs & Calendars
- Star Charts & Planispheres
- Computer Software
- Portable telescopes
We intend to achieve these goals by the following means:
- Procuring and operating a robotic telescope at a fixed observatory location.
- Providing access and control thru the internet via a website.
- Join networks of other robotic observatories and research organizations, such as: